Millions of children participate in some sort of organized sport or physical activity every year. Sports related injuries have become common as child athletes push their bodies to the limit where their practice regiment may actually be counter-productive in achieving optimal health. According to the National Center For Sports Safety:
- Injuries associated with participation in sports and recreational activities account for 21 percent of all traumatic brain injuries among children in the U.S.
- Most organized sports related injuries(62 percent) occur during practices rather than games.
- More than 3.5 million children ages 14 and under receive medical treatment for sports injuries each year
Sports like baseball, basketball, and football are competitive by its nature requiring players at all ages to train intensively in order to compete at a high level. Injuries occur either because the training is not efficient in preparing athletes for the game itself, or, the equipment being used is not adequate in reducing the risk of injury. Sea Systems Group developed the Gator X consumer line of products because we feel that the sports equipment used today can be drastically improved if used with the MitiGator Cushioning System. Reducing injury while providing comfort is the perfect combination that describes the MitiGator, which can be used in various sport equipment: baseball helmets, football helmets, batting gloves, hockey pads, etc. If you’re a coach or player and you have questions or feedback regarding the MitiGator, please click on the media link below.
The MitiGator™ Technology is an engineered cushioning system designed to protect people and equipment from these assaults and to allow them to continue to perform their jobs or enjoy their leisure time. The MitiGator™ uses patented air control technology working with over 4,000 surfaces per square foot to dissipate energy before it is transmitted to the body and thus help alleviate the problems. For more information on the MitiGator Cushioning System email MediaRelations@MitiGatorinc.com
- How to Deal With a Sports Injury (fitsugar.com)
- Millions Of Teeth Lost Every Year In Youth Sports (mitigatorinc.com)
- The MitiGator And Pumping Iron (mitigatorinc.com)